This page was last updated: October 27, 2016
Welcome to the Cottonwood Palo Verde Tennis Club! Active adult tennis at its' best !
Club Color: Jade
Founded: January 19, 1982
A TRIBUTE TO DON NEU by Al Wagner
Don Neu was a standout supporter of tennis in the Sun Lakes Community. For over two decades he provided free tennis lessons on Monday and Tuesday Evenings for anyone who wanted to improve or begin the sport. Don, a great supporter of the Bradshaw Tournament, served as tournament director for that tournament for many years. If you played tennis and the net was adjusted to the correct height, it was likely Don who adjusted the net. If you played and there was a decent net, Don was the one who removed the worn net and replaced it with a new one. If you were using the ball machine, it was Don who kept it filled with decent balls. If the ball machine did not jam, it was Don who sanded the wheels that propelled the balls, and kept it running. If you looked at a scoreboard it was likely Don who built it. If you sat in the shade on court number one, it was Don who built the shade structure. Don was a good tennis partner and a good tennis opponent. It was my privilege to know and work and teach and learn with Don Neu. Although he is no longer with us, I think we all understand how the tennis community has benefitted from his work. I will miss him, but remember him warmly.
We'll miss you Don !
The Cottonwood Tennis Club was established to provide opportunities for tennis playing residents of Cottonwood Palo Verde at Sun Lakes to participate in organized play, team play, tournament play and social events with friends and neighbors with a common interest. IronOaks and Sun Lakes Country Club residents may also join the club if they have paid the appropriate annual fee required by the Cottonwood Palo Verde Homeowners Association.
Annual memberships run from April 1st each year to March 31st of the following year and dues are payable in advance. An annual club membership entitles members to participate in Monday - Friday mornings organized play and club sponsored social events.
Membership meetings are held monthly, October through March. Time and place of meetings are posted on the club bulletin board and here on the website.
- October 29, 2016 Sunbird @ CW and CW @ SLCC See the Events Page for the Schedules of Play ! NOTE: The Sunbird Schedule has been REVISED!
- November 6-12, 2016 The BRADSHAW
- November 7, 2016 -- Kick Off Dinner and Membership Meeting at PV --
- November 19, 2016 - LeisureWorld @ CW and the DON NEU MEMORIAL
- November 30, 2016 - Board Meeting 4:00 PM Ceramics Room
- December 3, 2016 - Palm Creek @ CW
- December 4-11 - Fiesta Bowl SR. Open @ Phoenix Tennis Center
- December 6-9, 2016 TRIPLE T
- December 11, 2016 - Holiday Dinner & Dance - NO Meeting - SAN TAN BALLROOM
- December 17, 2016 - CW @ SunBird/Springfield
- January 8-14 2017 Gender Tournament
- January 11, 2017 - Board Meeting 3:00 PM Ceramics Room
- January 18, 2017 -- Membership Meeting ONLY - 7:00 PM - Phoenix Room
Report of the Nominating Committee
- January 22, 2017 -- CanAM @ CW -- OPEN
- January 22-29, 2017 - Sr. Open Mission Hills - Rancho Mirage
- January 28, 2017 - CW @ Palm Creek
- February 3-4, 2017 - Don Neu Memorial Charity Event @ CW
- February 5, 2017 - Super Bowl
- February 8, 2017 - Board Meeting 3:00 PM Ceramics Room
- February 11, 2017 - IOTC & CW Valentine Event @ IOTC
- February 12-18, 2017 Mixed Doubles
- February 13, 2017 -- Dinner and Membership Meeting -- Election of New Board
- March 4, 2017 -- Trilogy @ CW
- March 7-19, 2017 -- BNP Parribas Open-Indian Wells
- March 8, 2017 - Board Meeting 3:00 PM Ceramics Room
- March 15, 2017 -- Membership Meeting ONLY--7:00 PM--Induction of New Board
- May 21-June 11, 2017 - FRENCH Open
- June 12-18, 2017 - Clay Court @ IOTC - OPEN
- July 1, 2017 - Pancake Breakfast @ IOTC - OPEN
- July 17-21, 2017 - SUMMER Clay Court @ IOTC - MIXED - OPEN
WHAT'S NEW ?
NEW October 19, 2016 - see the Members Only Page for the new 2016-2017 Membership Directory !
UPDATED October 12, 2016 - see the Members Only Page for an updated 2016-2017 Membership List !
UPDATED October 6, 2016 - see the Members Only Page for updated 2016-2017 Ratings Lists !
NEW May 19, 2016 - see the Events Page for an updated MASTER "all" Sun Lakes 2016-2017 Calendar !
NEW April 3, 2016 -- The Treasurers Report -- see the Members Only Page for the Income Statement For the 12 Months Ending March 31, 2016